Interested in VOLUNTEERING for Hospice?
We have openings for new members on our Volunteer Team. Our Volunteers are a vital component of the entire Hospice Care Team and we rely on them to help provide quality patient care, grief support, and administration duties.
I feel that being a hospice volunteer has been the most rewarding experience for me. The hospice staff are so helpful, and I know that our support makes a real difference to our hospice patents and their families.
- Caroline Davidson, Knob Noster, MO
|Who Volunteers for Hospice?
||What does a Hospice Volunteer do?
|People with time to volunteer:
- Between careers or in transition
- Looking for meaningful service
- Family members and friends of
previous hospice patients who want to give back
- Listens and encourages
- Gives breaks to caregivers
- Runs errands
- Provide a kind and caring presence
- Organizes photographs and mementos
- Baking, laundry, dog-walking
- Helps educate families about home based care
- Supports grieving families
All volunteers receive initial training and ongoing education.
If you think you may be interested in volunteering, please call our Volunteer Coordinator at 660-747-6121 for more information.